Monday, November 21, 2016

Sick Time....

  Sick time for mommy is just an illusion. A day off from mommy duty? I think it's a really nice thought, but again, it can only be a passing thought. The reality is that no matter how we feel, there are no days off, no "sick time".  As a mommy who suffers from Chronic Daily Migraines, I struggle daily to 1. Get up, and 2. Function all day, so when something like a cold happens, it could be my undoing.  Sounds silly, huh?  I totally agree, but it's  true. A sneeze or a cough alone....no biggie. A sneeze or a cough with a migraine....well, that is a whole new level of pain that should be introduced as a form of interrogation for our enemies in times of war! Needless to say, waking up with a cold, I could have used a "sick day".
  As I sit on the edge of my bed this morning, contemplating lying back down and waiting for my head to literally explode, my son comes in my room.  He wrapped his arms around me and asked if I am okay.  Hmm...am I okay? I want to be brutally honest and tell him absolutely "NO" at the top of my lungs, but instead I just say, "I will be baby boy...", pull myself together, and start my day for my family.  I pack the husband's lunch, and make his breakfast, feed the kids, and since they are on break from school this week, I know I must keep the momentum going.  I get the hubby off to work, put on load number 1 of 1,476 of the laundry, and sit to have a cup of coffee.  Both kids join me and snuggle in to watch some random cartoon, and as I stop for a moment, loving on my babies in this moment of feeling so bad, I know they are worth it. Sick days, shmick days....I will have time to take one of those when they are grown....until then, I will get up and get this housework done.

No comments:

Post a Comment