Friday, March 10, 2017

Women's Day???

Well, once again, I am in my own little world, just taking care of my daily life, and missing out on National Women's Day.  Apparently a large number of women took part in  "A Day Without Women", where they didn't participate in their jobs and such as a demonstration of how important women are.  I missed it.....because I was busy being wife and a mommy, and doing all the things I do every day.
  I'm beginning to wonder in this time of bold political statements, and large-scale point proving, if we, as women have forgotten the little eyes and ears that would be guided by our behavior.  What does it say to our daughters about "empowering women" by skipping out on our responsibilities?  What does it say to our sons when it appears women loathe men? What does it say to our spouses who went to work and didn't demand "A Day Without Man"?  I understand the concept, but really, what does it accomplish? I am of the opinion that our daughters and sons learn more about our worth as women when they see all we do for our families.  If we stop, even for a day, we may lose our footing...and every mother knows exactly what I'm talking about.
  As for me and my house, it was business as usual, because everyone in my house knows, a day without mommy is a day of chaos indeed! My most recent two-day flu bug was demonstration enough for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment